my personal goal and 3 objectives in the clinical rehabilitation is to be able to have a better understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a director of nursing(DON) . DON oversees the nursing department and he/her staff and staffs. I send an instruction paper as an example with a goal and 2 objectives, use these 2 objectives and add one more. use DON instead of FNP family nurse practitioner. please search online for more information of DON job description to be able to develop the essay; goal and objective. use the same pattern as in the instruction sheet. make sure objectives ares specific, measurable, attainable and realistic. I circle bottom section please read. keep it simple and clear.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Director of Nursing (DON)
A Director of Nursing (DON) is a nurse administrator who oversees the nursing department in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and other healthcare facilities. His/ her main aim is to carefully juggle patient care and the needs of the staff in order to create a balanced and properly working healthcare environment.
The roles and responsibilities of a DON include:
- Supervising the nursing staff through follow ups, walking around and regular team meetings and briefings.
- Overseeing patient care through ensuring high standards of care as well as maintaining patients’ data and medical records.
- Performing administrative functions such as record keeping overseeing the department’s budget, and reporting the department’s progress, challenges and achievements to higher-level staff members.
Goal: To gain a better understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the Director of Nursing and to participate in activities related to this role in any clinical setting.
Objectives: Under the guidance and supervision of the current Director of Nursing, I will:
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of the director of nursing whenever necessary as outlined above.
- Assist the Director of Nursing in implementing daily interventional and educational care and activities for clients, families and staff in the clinical setting. I will carry out this activity by providing therapeutic and emotional support in addition to demonstrating empathy to clients within the clinical setting.
- Help to create a well-functioning hospital environment by balancing patient care and medical staff issues to ensure an optimum work and recovery environment. I will also mentor junior staff and provide guidance to other nurses whenever they are in need of it.
Use the following coupon code :